Crackerjackpot Terms and Conditions
1. New members will be sent a unique randomly selected draw number(s) created by Gambling Commission approved secure software, and a personal membership number.
2. All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique draw number. The draw will normally take place each Friday. Monthly subscriptions of £4.34 include 34p to accumulate and fund the fifth week in five week months.
3. Winners are automatically notified within one week of the draw taking place and are sent a prize cheque. Weekly winning numbers, along with surname and location, are published in the local press subject to availability and on this website. They are also available from the Crackerjackpot office. Where a ticket was purchased in a store, the winner can claim their prize by contacting Crackerjackpot or visiting the store with their winning ticket. No prizes will be paid out where a ticket cannot be produced.
4. Direct debits may be set up over the phone, via our website or written mandate. The Direct Debit mandate is available on the back of our leaflets or from our office. You may also set up a Direct Debit payment on our website. In compliance with PCI DSS regulations, your authority or the website transaction record will be retained for a period of three years following your final payment whenever that might occur for all debit or credit card transactions.
5. Pre-paid customer funds are held in a separate non-trading bank account. This is rated as ‘Not protected – Segregation of customer funds’ under the Gambling Commission’s rating system.
6. We promise to comply with all PCI DSS regulations and Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data. Members accept that Crackerjackpot cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
7. Members can cancel at anytime although those received after 5:00pm on a Thursday evening may not be actioned until after the weekly draw. If you pay by direct debit or credit/debit card payment then you may cancel in writing, via email or by telephone. Please contact the Crackerjackpot office for further assistance.
8. Where members cancel with credit on their account, we will, subject to Clause six, refund your full entitlement upon request. This will be sent to the named member by cheque within seven working days.
9. We reserve the right not to accept an application, or to cancel an existing subscription and at our absolute discretion. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Lottery Manager within seven days. The decision of the Lottery Manager will be final.
10. It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
11. An instruction to be self-excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from Crackerjackpot may be submitted in writing, faxed or telephoned through to the Crackerjackpot office. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to re-join the lottery for a minimum of six months from the date of exclusion.
12. The Gambling Act 2005 states that Crackerjackpot has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are 16 or over, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play Crackerjackpot. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. Crackerjackpot will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary including seeking confirmation from relevant Agencies who can provide such information.
13. Crackerjackpot is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association and the Lotteries Council, both of whom, on behalf of their members make a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust, www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk, an organisation with the sole aim of fundraising to assist with problem gambling. The Hospice Lotteries Association website www.hospicelotteries.org.uk has a page dedicated to the Responsible Gambling Trust and also to GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can also be found on the BeGambleAware website www.begambleaware.org.
14. All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Crackerjackpot office. In the event a complaint or dispute can not be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS).
15. Please note that Crackerjackpot employees and their partners and persons living in their same household are not eligible to participate in Crackerjackpot.
16.Crackerjackpot reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
Crackerjackpot Head Office. Tel: 029 2053 2300. Fax: 029 2053 2821. firstname.lastname@example.org, Promoter: Crackerjackpot Ltd. A Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in Wales No: 08221671. Crackerjackpot Manager: John Mladenovic.
Crackerjackpot Ltd is licensed by the Gambling Commission – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk